Are you prepping hard and aspiring to be an engineer? So here are some important pointers that you should know about the admission process. From seat allotments to documents required for the admission, we've got you covered. These are some important key points that you should be aware of about the admission 2022 before you fill in the registration form for engineering.
Engineering Admission Process- An overview
There are two types of government colleges 1) Full government colleges like COEP and 2) Government aided colleges like VJTI. Apart from these, there are private unaided minority colleges too like SIES College and private unaided non-minority colleges (TERNA Engineering College). There are private autonomous colleges such as K.J Somaiya college of Engineering and Government aided autonomous college such as Sardar Patel college of Engg (SPCE). Also there are deemed university colleges such as R.A.I.T
It is completely an online process. The overall number of seats available are known before the round starts but the updated vacancy position is not known during the rounds.
The eligibility criteria for admission is your 12th Standard PMC score should be greater and equal to 45%. On the other hand for reserved category students your 12th standard PMC score must be greater than and equal to 40%.
Procedure for Engineering Admission
- Students who want to take admission for engineering must register themselves on fe2022.mahacet.org. If you are born in Maharashtra, then your candidature type will be A. Once you fill in all the details, one application ID will be generated.
- Confirm your online application form by uploading the required documents. After that go to the facilitation centre (mentioned on the website). The officer present at the facilitation centre will verify each and every document.
- Note down your merit rank whenever it is displayed on mahacet.org.
- Once you find out your rank, seat matrix will be updated on the official website. Study the seat matrix properly. Then shortlist your institute course combination.
- Select your most preferred institute course combinations very carefully. During this process, give preference to the branch and college.
- Create a list of courses as per your interest.
If you get a seat in CAP round 1 and you get the very first allotment then your seat gets auto-freezed. Then you are out of the cap round.
But you get a seat from option 2 onwards, you can either freeze it or you can go for betterment. For both the options, you will have to pay seat acceptance fees.
In every round of allotment, the nature remains the same. If you don’t get a seat, you automatically go to the next round of allotment.
After round 3, all candidates should go to the allotted college and pay the college fees and deposit their certificates.
Documents required for first year engineering admission
- CET Score card
- XII College Marksheet
- XII College Leaving Certificate
- Standard 10th Marksheet
- JEE Main Score card (for All India seats)
- For type A candidate, either domicile certificate or birth certificate or College / School leaving certificate if it mentions the place of birth.
- For type B candidate, either domicile certificate of the candidate or father and mother.
- Following certificates are required only for specific cases
- Reserve Category: Caste certificate, caste validity certificate, non-creamy layer, Aadhar card along with linked bank account.
- Minority Candidates: Minority certificates including affidavit for minority seats.
- Indian Nationality Certificate (Any one)
- College Leaving certificate if it mentions nationality
- Birth Certificate
If you need any assistance, we have started coaching for engineering students at Lakshya Thane branch. Enquiries for vacation batches for maths, mechanics and BEE will be starting soon. Along with vacation batches, regular batches will also commence.
For more details, refer to the do’s and don’ts video by our Lakshya Professor Manish Dwivedi on Engineering College admission.
Liked it? Share it, because sharing is caring